Thank You For 68 Years of Business.
The Lighthouse Inn was opened in 1947 by Armand Jacob who also dug the first canals to start this Lighthouse Cove community on Lake St.Clair at the mouth of The Thames River.
The Inn was purchased by The Cooke Family in 1968, and at that time there were 16 accommodation rooms and a 45 seat Lounge & a 42 seat Dining Room.
Since 1968 the Inn's dining capacity was increased to 150 seats indoors and approximately 150 seats outdoors.
Over this period many Families have held Birthday Parties, Weddings, Anniversaries and other significant Events.
It has become time to cease operations in the current format here at The Lighthouse Inn.
We would like to thank all the Families in Kent & Essex Counties for their support, friendship & memories over the last 48 years.
We would also like to thank hundreds of local people who were terrific employees since 1968. We would especially like to thank
Veronica DeVreker & Colleen Hick for over 20 plus years of loyalty and hard work in managing this Business and its employees.
The Property is For Sale. Please contact Pauline Lanoue at Deerbrook Realty Inc 519.682.9777 for more information
Jim Cooke, Owner